RE: [jacksongenealogy] Price / Anderson

  • Ann Chambless
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
      Using the index of both THE HISTORY OFJACKSON COUNTY by J. R. Kennamer
      and Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY, I learned there are no
      references to your Robert Price. The only extant Jackson County,
      ALABAMA records from the time period your Robert Price was in this area
      are deeds which begin in 1830. Therefore, I seriously doubt you will
      find a written record of his stay in North Alabama.
      Ann B. Chambless
      abc123@...
    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
        On page 250 of THE STEVENSON STORY it mentions a Robert PRICE that was
        elected to Justice Of The Peace in 1828 but that is all it says on him
        there.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
          How can I purchase the HISTORY OF JACKSON COUNTY and THE STEVENSON STORY ?

          I am still searching for anything on the Graves family in Stevenson from
          1837-1880.

          Thanks,
          Rayedene Graves
          > Using the index of both THE HISTORY OFJACKSON COUNTY by J. R. Kennamer
          > and Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY, I learned there are no
          > references to your Robert Price. The only extant Jackson County,
          > ALABAMA records from the time period your Robert Price was in this area
          > are deeds which begin in 1830. Therefore, I seriously doubt you will
          > find a written record of his stay in North Alabama.
          > Ann B. Chambless
          > abc123@...

        • Ann Chambless
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
            Those interested can order the reprint of J. R. Kennamer's THE HISTORY
            OF JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA by mailing a check in the amount of $23.00
            (payable to JCHA BOOK ACCOUNT) to History Book, Jackson County
            Historical Association, P. O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768-1494. The
            $23.00 covers both the book and shipping cost.
            You can order Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY by mailing your
            check in the amount of $35.00 to the Stevenson Depot Museum, Main
            Street, Stevenson, AL 35772. Make your check payable to the Stevenson
            Depot Museum for Mrs. Woodall's book.
            You can join the Jackson County Historical Association by mailing your
            check for annual dues payable to JCHA in amount of $10.00 to JCHA, P.
            O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768-1494. The membership year runs
            from January 1 through December 30 of each year. Members receive the
            Association's quarterly publications in January, April, July, and
            October. Members are also allowed to place free queries in THE
            JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES each quarter. New members may submit their
            query along with their initial membership dues. If you join after
            January, you will receive the year's issues published prior to your
            month of membership. The JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES are presently
            being mailed to about 400 members in almost every state of the union.
            Ann B. Chambless
            abc123@...