Re: [jacksongenealogy] Price / Anderson

  • Akin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
      My Robert Price died in Shelby Co TN in 1838. His wife, Mary Anderson Price,
      is living with daughter Malissa Wallace in Ripley, MS before 1857. Robert
      and Mary were married in Jackson Co TN in 1811.

      Robert and Mary's (only known) son, Michael bAL/TN 1816, married an
      Elizabeth Brown in Hardeman Co. According to stories in my family, they had
      children. All I can prove is the marriage. By April of 1846, Michael has
      married Annis Kesterson in Sevier Co AR. Annis' parents were John and
      Malinda Dorsey Kesterson who also married in Hardeman Co TN.

      I wonder if your Robert could be from my Michael's marriage with Elizabeth
      Brown?

      Were your Prices in Jackson Co TN? AL ?

      I'm looking for descendants of the Robert Price who had land on the Dry
      Fork of Flynn's Creek in Jackson Co TN in 1803, neighboring Uriah Anderson.

      Deborah

      > How interesting, your Price's moved from Jackson Cty., AL to Hardeman
      Cty., TN. Do you have a Robert H, b. 1839, Mary S., b. 1843 or Sarah, b.
      1846 all born in Al, the children of Carolina Bowers Price Reynolds/Runnels.
      I have been searching for the Jackson Cty., Al connection.

      > Regards
      > Becky
    • Ann Chambless
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
        Using the index of both THE HISTORY OFJACKSON COUNTY by J. R. Kennamer
        and Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY, I learned there are no
        references to your Robert Price. The only extant Jackson County,
        ALABAMA records from the time period your Robert Price was in this area
        are deeds which begin in 1830. Therefore, I seriously doubt you will
        find a written record of his stay in North Alabama.
        Ann B. Chambless
        abc123@...
      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
          On page 250 of THE STEVENSON STORY it mentions a Robert PRICE that was
          elected to Justice Of The Peace in 1828 but that is all it says on him
          there.

          My Robert Price died in Shelby Co TN in 1838. His wife, Mary Anderson Price,
          is living with daughter Malissa Wallace in Ripley, MS before 1857. Robert
          and Mary were married in Jackson Co TN in 1811.
        • deeno
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
            How can I purchase the HISTORY OF JACKSON COUNTY and THE STEVENSON STORY ?

            I am still searching for anything on the Graves family in Stevenson from
            1837-1880.

            Thanks,
            Rayedene Graves
            > Using the index of both THE HISTORY OFJACKSON COUNTY by J. R. Kennamer
            > and Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY, I learned there are no
            > references to your Robert Price. The only extant Jackson County,
            > ALABAMA records from the time period your Robert Price was in this area
            > are deeds which begin in 1830. Therefore, I seriously doubt you will
            > find a written record of his stay in North Alabama.
            > Ann B. Chambless
            > abc123@...

          • Ann Chambless
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2002
              Those interested can order the reprint of J. R. Kennamer's THE HISTORY
              OF JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA by mailing a check in the amount of $23.00
              (payable to JCHA BOOK ACCOUNT) to History Book, Jackson County
              Historical Association, P. O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768-1494. The
              $23.00 covers both the book and shipping cost.
              You can order Eliza Mae Woodall's THE STEVENSON STORY by mailing your
              check in the amount of $35.00 to the Stevenson Depot Museum, Main
              Street, Stevenson, AL 35772. Make your check payable to the Stevenson
              Depot Museum for Mrs. Woodall's book.
              You can join the Jackson County Historical Association by mailing your
              check for annual dues payable to JCHA in amount of $10.00 to JCHA, P.
              O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768-1494. The membership year runs
              from January 1 through December 30 of each year. Members receive the
              Association's quarterly publications in January, April, July, and
              October. Members are also allowed to place free queries in THE
              JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES each quarter. New members may submit their
              query along with their initial membership dues. If you join after
              January, you will receive the year's issues published prior to your
              month of membership. The JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES are presently
              being mailed to about 400 members in almost every state of the union.
              Ann B. Chambless
              abc123@...