Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Price

  • Raymond Shirley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
      Price families were among the first settlers in Jackson County, AL. You
      can read all about them in Eliza Woodall's "The Stevenson Story" or "The
      History of Jackson County, AL", by John Robert Kennemar Sr.

      shirlywms wrote:

      >--- In jacksongenealogy@y..., "Akin" <dakin@a...> wrote:
      >
      >>Looking for anyone researching the Price families in Jackson Co AL
      >>
      >in the early 1800's.

      >I am researching the PRICE line, but haven't made it back that far
      >yet. I am only back to an Arthur Penn PRICE who was a border living
      >with a family called Wilson (I think) in Jackson County, according to
      >the 1920 census. Have you ever come across him?

      >.

    • Becky Stewart
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
        Deborah,

        How interesting, your Price's moved from Jackson Cty., AL to Hardeman Cty., TN. Do you have a Robert H, b. 1839, Mary S., b. 1843 or Sarah, b. 1846 all born in Al, the children of Carolina Bowers Price Reynolds/Runnels. I have been searching for the Jackson Cty., Al connection.

        Regards
        Becky

      • Akin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2002
          Do you know if these books can be purchased?
          Thanks,
          Deborah

          > Price families were among the first settlers in Jackson County, AL. You
          > can read all about them in Eliza Woodall's "The Stevenson Story" or "The
          > History of Jackson County, AL", by John Robert Kennemar Sr.
        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2002
            Yes. One can be purchased from the Jackson Co. Historical Society in
            Scottsboro, Jackson County.
            Regina

            Ys subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/