Re: [jacksongenealogy] OS Page Number

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
      What does the OS stand for?

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
        Don't know what the OS means, perhaps Ann B. Chambless knows?

        Clay

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
          I would love what information you have on them. I just started looking into
          their families.
          Regina

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 7, 2010
            OS and NS refer to the type calendar being referenced . OS is old style, NS is new style. I think OS was Julian and NS was Gregorian
          • John Green
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 7, 2010
              I have a record of a James Arnold, born about 1825, son of Ralph Arnold and Jane Reid Arnold in Lincoln County TN. At least some of this family moved to Jackson County around 1840 - 1850. I don't know if this is "your" James, but I can put you in touch with some Arnold researchers who are very familiar with the Cumberland area branch of the Arnolds. I have this line, with one disputed link, back to Francis (1670 -1703) and Rachael Arnold (1705 - 1774).

              E-mail to dragonriders@... if you are interested.

              John McCollum Green