GAMBLE And ARNOLD

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2010
      Is anyone researching the GAMBLE and ARNOLD families around Stevenson area?
      I am interested in Charlie and Sallie ARNOLD GAMBLE. I know that they had
      one daughter that was born in 1929. Her name was Aileen GAMBLE that married
      Leonard LATHAM and they had two daughters and one son.
      Thanks

    • James Gillespie
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2010
        Regina,

        Do you know the parents of Charlie and Sallie Arnold Gamble? I have Arnold's
        and Gamble's in my McCoy line.

        Jim G

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2010
          No, I just found out Sallie's last name and was hoping someone on here
          could help me find out more information

          From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
            Regina and Jim

            Charlie Rogers Gamble
            d. 01 Aug 1959
            Stevenson, JC, AL
            Age 57 Est B. 1902
            Spouse: Sallie Arnold Gamble
            Father: Jim E. Gamble
            Mother: Ella Rogers

            1930 Dist 9, Bass, JC AL
            Chas R. Gambol Head 28 first mar.at 23 AL AL AL Farmer
            Dallie (Sallie) M.  Wife 23 first mar.at 18 AL AL AL
            Ana J. Dau 3
            Alabine (Aleline) Dau 8months

            Charlie is listed as Gambol on 1910 in Bass, as Gambol 1920 Fackler.

            1910 Dist 27, Bass JC AL
            James J. Arnold Head 41 mar.once 22yrs AL AL AL
            Sara J. Wife 40 mar.once 22yrs 10Children/9Living AL AL AL
            Not listing all the children
            Sallie M. Dau 2

            James Arnold m. Sallie Arnold 2 Dec 1888 JC AL OS Page 362

            James Gambol m. Ella Rogers 8 Mar 1894 JC AL OS Page 517

            Clay

            From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
              Thanks Clay, You are one of a kind.

              Regina

              From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                Clay and Regina

                Jim Ean Gamble—all I have on him

                Ella Rogers

                Her parents; John H “Soaker” Rogers, dob 24 Feb 1843-JC, AL—dod 22 Oct 1946-JC, AL buried Rorex Cem. They had 10 children, Ella was #2.

                Martha Abigail McCoy, dob Apr 1849-Crow Creek, JC, AL, dod 14 jan 1935-JC, AL buried Rorex Cem. She was the 13th child of Andrew J. McCoy/Nancy Suiter

                Jim G

                From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                  Clay,

                  Can you explain the OS on the marriages!!

                  From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                    james arnold & sallie gamble were my great grandparents, i will pull my files out & see how much info i have. tracing the arnolds has been difficult. i have pics of sallie & james & children.

                  • Clay Gullatt
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                      Jim

                      The OS Page number is the number in the marriage books, use that number when ordering marriage records from the Jackson Co. Courthouse Probate Court.

                      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                        What does the OS stand for?

                      • Clay Gullatt
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                          Don't know what the OS means, perhaps Ann B. Chambless knows?

                          Clay

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 6, 2010
                            I would love what information you have on them. I just started looking into
                            their families.
                            Regina

                            _____

                            james arnold & sallie gamble were my great grandparents, i will pull my
                            files out & see how much info i have. tracing the arnolds has been
                            difficult. i have pics of sallie & james & children.

                          • Richard Matthews
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 7, 2010
                              OS and NS refer to the type calendar being referenced . OS is old style, NS is new style. I think OS was Julian and NS was Gregorian
                            • John Green
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 7, 2010
                                I have a record of a James Arnold, born about 1825, son of Ralph Arnold and Jane Reid Arnold in Lincoln County TN. At least some of this family moved to Jackson County around 1840 - 1850. I don't know if this is "your" James, but I can put you in touch with some Arnold researchers who are very familiar with the Cumberland area branch of the Arnolds. I have this line, with one disputed link, back to Francis (1670 -1703) and Rachael Arnold (1705 - 1774).

                                E-mail to dragonriders@... if you are interested.

                                John McCollum Green