Re: Price

  • shirlywms
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
      --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., "Akin" <dakin@a...> wrote:
      > Looking for anyone researching the Price families in Jackson Co AL
      in the early 1800's.

      I am researching the PRICE line, but haven't made it back that far
      yet. I am only back to an Arthur Penn PRICE who was a border living
      with a family called Wilson (I think) in Jackson County, according to
      the 1920 census. Have you ever come across him?
    • Akin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
        No, my Prices left Jackson Co TN and moved to Jackson Co AL and Hardeman Co
        TN before 1830.

        Have you found your Arthur on any earlier censuses? I know some of my Prices
        stayed in Jackson Co, so there is probably a connection. Who were his
        children and where was he and his parents born?

        Deborah

        > > Looking for anyone researching the Price families in Jackson Co AL
        > in the early 1800's.

        > I am researching the PRICE line, but haven't made it back that far
        > yet. I am only back to an Arthur Penn PRICE who was a border living
        > with a family called Wilson (I think) in Jackson County, according to
        > the 1920 census. Have you ever come across him?

      • Raymond Shirley
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
          Price families were among the first settlers in Jackson County, AL. You
          can read all about them in Eliza Woodall's "The Stevenson Story" or "The
          History of Jackson County, AL", by John Robert Kennemar Sr.

          shirlywms wrote:

          >--- In jacksongenealogy@y..., "Akin" <dakin@a...> wrote:
          >
          >>Looking for anyone researching the Price families in Jackson Co AL
          >>
          >in the early 1800's.

          >I am researching the PRICE line, but haven't made it back that far
          >yet. I am only back to an Arthur Penn PRICE who was a border living
          >with a family called Wilson (I think) in Jackson County, according to
          >the 1920 census. Have you ever come across him?

          >.

        • Becky Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 2002
            Deborah,

            How interesting, your Price's moved from Jackson Cty., AL to Hardeman Cty., TN. Do you have a Robert H, b. 1839, Mary S., b. 1843 or Sarah, b. 1846 all born in Al, the children of Carolina Bowers Price Reynolds/Runnels. I have been searching for the Jackson Cty., Al connection.

            Regards
            Becky

          • Akin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2002
              Do you know if these books can be purchased?
              Thanks,
              Deborah

              > Price families were among the first settlers in Jackson County, AL. You
              > can read all about them in Eliza Woodall's "The Stevenson Story" or "The
              > History of Jackson County, AL", by John Robert Kennemar Sr.
            • Regina Pipes
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2002
                Yes. One can be purchased from the Jackson Co. Historical Society in
                Scottsboro, Jackson County.
                Regina

                Ys subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/