Wales to Alabama

  • esleslie@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      In the discussion thread regarding Alabama statehood, a poster who doesn't give a name mentioned:

      "The note goes on to say that greatgrandfather came from
      > Wales. I would be interested in any information that you might
      > develop concerning migration through KY to TN and AL."

      Over a long period of researching Sizemore families who wound up in the northern tier of counties in Alabama, there seemed to be a common legend that they originally came from Wales and many were in KY. Oddly enough, my own Sizemore family in south Alabama also has this story as written by my grandfather, but DNA testing to date has proven no relation to those in north Alabama. Has anyone researched a migration from Wales to (eventually) Alabama?

      Evelyn Sizemore Leslie