Re: [jacksongenealogy] Vann family

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2010
      Yes, I have been researching Jordan Vann who married 1st Nancy White 4 May 1838 in Talladega Co. AL had several children passed away we think in Coosa County, AL. Jordan Vann then married Sarah Hancock(my great-grandmother) 31 May 1859 Coosa County, Al and they lived in Jackson and Madison County, AL. We're not sure when Jordan died but somewhere around 1906 and Sarah died about 1916 in Jackson or Madison County, AL, can't be for sure which county. My grandfather David Wesley Hambrick (Mar 30, 1831-18 Oct 1917) married Demarice Vann (19 May 1863-12 Feb 1951) on Aug 1883 Princeton Jackson, Jackson, County, AL as his third wife.

      My grandfather David "Wes" was a Confederate vet and is buried at Mt. Nebo in Hollytree, Jackson County, AL with his 1st wife Nancy Johannah Vaught (13 Dec 1837-11 Jan 1859) daughter of Elvenrina Vaught. They were married 18 Dec 1851 Jackson County, AL. David Wesley Hambrick married 2nd to Elizabeth Golden (1943-1882) ca 1863 probably Jackson County, AL. She was a daughter of Shadrick & Charlotte (Vicry) Golden .

      I have some information on my grandmother Demarice Vann and remember her great with great loving memories and have some information on her stepsons happen who have been in the War Between the States. In fact they lost I think they lost 4 out of 5 sons. My grandfather, David, chose to be buried with his 1st wife, that was his wishes.

      I don't know how many children that Jordan Vann at least 16 children in AL Coosa County and etc.

      David Wesley Hambrick had 20 children by the 3 wives that we know about.

      Jewel