Re: [jacksongenealogy] Civil War Records

  • Joseph T. Richardson
    Message 1 of 43 , Sep 20 5:09 PM
      I highly recommend Footnote.com. I've had cases where I paid the National
      Archives for a record search, only for them to return back that they
      couldn't find the records (despite my giving specific names, dates, and file
      numbers). I later found the records on Footnote.com. I've been a member for
      four years, and have them to be fast, reliable, good quality, and with a
      wide (and ever-growing) catalog of records.

      --Joseph

      On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Roger Burbank <burby9@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I found my downloaded footnote.com documents are of better quality
      > then ordered National Archive records. Also when I joined, they wanted 80
      > dollars, I offered them 60 and they took it. In one day, I downloaded 4, 5th
      > great grandfathers Rev. War docs. and several ancestors from Alabama who
      > foght in Civil War. You can take a 7 day free trial also. Roger
      >
      > --- On Mon, 9/20/10, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...<blackcloud27030%40yahoo.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...<blackcloud27030%40yahoo.com>
      > >
      > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Civil War Records
      > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Monday, September 20, 2010, 2:56 PM
      >

      > You can find Civil War Service Cards at the Alabama Dept of History and
      > Archives (ADAH). Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System is run by the
      > National Park Service and has a complete listing Union and Confederate by
      > name or or you can search through the reg't. Complied Service Records,
      > Pensions and Widows are available from NARA (expensive if there are a lot of
      > records) the same also available from www.footnote.com a paid service. I
      > have footnote and don't mind looking anyone up.
      >
      > Clay

    • Joseph T. Richardson
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 20 5:09 PM