Re: [jacksongenealogy] Source of hand drawn map of Limrock area plus 8 names of areas original settlers

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
      Stephen

      The Johnson Cemetery listed as # 307 SW on the Univ. of AL Cemetery Map. Located in Township 4 Range 4 Section 21 just North of County Rd 35 or about 1 1/3 miles West of Limrock (they listed it as of uncertain location). Listed with 8 marked and 9 inmarked graves; first known interment A. Quincy Johnson 1881-1898; Gentle, Johnson and Rousseau are common to this cenetery last used in 1947. Other cemeteries in the Section are Dotson, Gentle and Erwin. The Erwin Cemetery is show as on County Rd. 525 and the Gentle Cemetery a little ways East of it and only lists three graves Emma Gentle 1869-1909. Clinton Gentle 1859-1917, Delia Gentle no dates. The Dotson Cemetery is further East of the Erwin Cemetery.

      Albert J. Johnson patented 3 parcels in Township 4 Range 4 Section 10 about 2 miles North of Limrock just West of County Rd 119, the road is the eastern boundry of part of his land.

      A lot of these old cemeteries are in wooded areas or cow pastures.

      You can find the Cemetery Map and list of the numbered cemeteries just above it, and just above that is a Township and Range Map at the Group Home Website under Files.

      If you want a map showing the sections I will email it to you.

      Clay