Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Ancestors - Genealogy TV Series

  • zrcb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2001
      Sharon
      Maybe you can help me again. I sent you an email before because I
      noticed that you have been researching the surname Shrader. You put me into
      contact with someone from Florida whose father was Otho Shraders brother. I
      wonder if you mind doing it again I have lost her email address and I would
      like to stay in contact with her. I never met Otho but he was married to my
      2nd cousin Allie Haswell Meek Shrader. Unfortunately I never got to meet
      Allie either I talked to her a few times over the telephone. I never knew
      that I had any relatives on my fathers side other than his brothers and
      sisters. But I found out that he did and I wish it would have been about 40
      years ago. Me and my wife got to go to Scottsboro last year and we went
      right past Allie's house about five times and didn't know it.. Also there is
      something else maybe you can help me with. My grandparents were John Boyd
      and Ida Southerland. John came from Jackson Co. Alabama. Ida came from
      Prairie Co Ark
      They were marriede in Jackson Co Alabama in 1895. I cannot seem to locate
      Ida's parents. I think her father was deceased at the time of there wedding.
      His name was E.L. Southerland and her mothers name was Bettie Dickson.
      Maybe Bettie was short for Elizabeth. I do not know what the initials E.L.
      stood for.
      Maybe yopu can help me or give me a few hints how on how I would go about
      finding out. My email address is Zrcb@...
      Thank You Chuck Boyd P.S. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.