Fw: Ancestors - Genealogy TV Series

  • sromanek
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2001
      Forwarded from another list. Hopefully it will help someone or
      you all will be interested in it.

      Merry Christmas,

      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Fax:( 305)675-8045.
      e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
      sromanek@...

      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston,
      Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

      It's 2001 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2001
        Sharon
        Maybe you can help me again. I sent you an email before because I
        noticed that you have been researching the surname Shrader. You put me into
        contact with someone from Florida whose father was Otho Shraders brother. I
        wonder if you mind doing it again I have lost her email address and I would
        like to stay in contact with her. I never met Otho but he was married to my
        2nd cousin Allie Haswell Meek Shrader. Unfortunately I never got to meet
        Allie either I talked to her a few times over the telephone. I never knew
        that I had any relatives on my fathers side other than his brothers and
        sisters. But I found out that he did and I wish it would have been about 40
        years ago. Me and my wife got to go to Scottsboro last year and we went
        right past Allie's house about five times and didn't know it.. Also there is
        something else maybe you can help me with. My grandparents were John Boyd
        and Ida Southerland. John came from Jackson Co. Alabama. Ida came from
        Prairie Co Ark
        They were marriede in Jackson Co Alabama in 1895. I cannot seem to locate
        Ida's parents. I think her father was deceased at the time of there wedding.
        His name was E.L. Southerland and her mothers name was Bettie Dickson.
        Maybe Bettie was short for Elizabeth. I do not know what the initials E.L.
        stood for.
        Maybe yopu can help me or give me a few hints how on how I would go about
        finding out. My email address is Zrcb@...
        Thank You Chuck Boyd P.S. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.