Re: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
      Hello out there, yes there are 2 Latham Cemeteries in Jackson County. The other is sometimes called the Lewis Cemetery near Garth.

      But the one you want is exactly where you thought it was -located on Highway 20 about four miles east of State Highway 65.

      Jewel
      From: Betty Pigg <bettypigg@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 6:58 PM

      Hi Clay
      Thanks for responding this cem is I guess somewhere around Garth and Trenton AL. We drove arond and seen signs for both Garth and Trenton and both of those little community's are so close together I'm really not for sure but I will look at the home website.
      If I can find where my g-g-great grandmother is burried and I know from her death record she is burried in this cem I want to get her a headstone.

      Thanks again
      Betty Pigg

      From: Betty Pigg <bettypigg@...>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 1:01 PM

      Hi to all,
      Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

      Thanks
      Betty Pigg

    • cagle8185@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
        Betty,

        What do you know about John (Pigg) Riddle? His farm was located in the mountains off of HW 65 and up Puncheon Cove. He was my ggggrandfather.

        Bill Cagle

        From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@...>
        To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 7:30 PM

        Who was your gggrandmother?

        Regina

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
          thanks

          Hi, anyone have ancestors in Dodson Cemetery in Lim Rock? my Williams are there. Roger

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
            Betty,
            Do you know anything about John (Pigg) Riddle?

[...]

          • Roger Burbank
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
              Are these the same Riddles that married into the Mccutchen family?  Roger

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                Bill,

                No I'm sorry I don't know any thing on the Riddles, just that my g-g-greatgrandmother was the daughter of Jack and Betsy Riddle, I can't find any infor mation on the Riddle family of Jackson co , if you have any inforation on the Riddle's I would love to read about them.

[...]

              • Regina Pipes
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                  I was looking for some of my family in a cemetery in Wininger last night on Skyline Mountain. I think the cemetery was Liberty I saw a few RIDDLE buried there. Can’t remember their names.

                  Regina

[...]

                • Charles McCutchen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                    The Riddles married into our family very early on in Pendleton District, South Carolina.  They are supposedly from Chattam County, NC.  It is interesting that they seemed to follow similar migration routes from the Carolina into East Tennessee, ending up in some of the same places in North Carolina and Texas.

                    The best contact I've found is a Willie Gail Riddles-Rotzoll

                    I don't know how much research she has done in on the N. Alabama Riddles.  I've seen them in Madison/Morgan County too.

                    Thanks,
                    Charlie

                    From: cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> <cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> >

                    To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>