Latham Cemetery No. 2 also called Lewis or Guerin Cemetery

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2010
      Betty

      This is the cemetery you are referring to. It is at the end of state road 20. I don't think this cemetery has been surveyed. It has about 100 marked graves and several unmarked ones. First known interment Mary Anne Robinson 1846-1873. Atchley, Bingham, Guerin, Johnson and Osmer are common to this cemetery. This info is from the Cemetery Map of Jackson County.

    • Jewel Casey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2010
        This cemetery is on page 36 in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers listed as Latham Cemetery (Guerin) located a few yards off Clear Creek Road in Township 3. Range 3 East Section 32.

        Sacred to the memory of
        Mary Anne Robinson
        was born Dec. 13, 1846
        and departed this life
        on 20th day of August AD 1873

        But your FRANKLIN family is not listed in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
          Hi Jewel,
           I know my Franklin family is one big mystery, I have been searching it's like they just appear from out of nowhere, They are that is John, Louiza, and 4 children are listed in Garth Precinct #26 in the 1900 cenus, James Latham was Enumerator, by the 1910 they had moved to Madison Co AL in the Collier Precinct. Louiza died in 1914 and  1920 John is living with son Robert and his family in Madison Co AL in the Hirricane Precinct.

          That's why I was hoping someone had or knew of a plot plan for the cem on County Road 20 sothat just maybe there would be a hint of Louiza,  I knew it was a shot in dark . pulling teeth with nothing for pain is easier than trying to find anything on my family,  John's parents are also another mystery, his mom was Sarah Caroline Manley/ Manly,  His dad was John Franklin thought to be from TN what part unknown. This is all known on the Franklin's. Now the Manley/manly's were in Marshall Co AL in the early 1800's , they were in SC to start, Sarah's dad was William Manley/ Manly b. 1772, married Sarah ? they had 11 children

          But thanks for your in put

          Betty