NE Jackson County

  • T'Lene
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13 7:05 PM
      I have heard stories of possible areas which had gold In the 1800's. Some have said the location was at the foot of Sand Mtn near the Long Island/Hog Jaw Valley/Bryant area.

      John Hembree is hoping to publish a book about the Bridgeport, etc areas and he is hoping to include any/all stories of interest - fact/folklore. From my conversations with him, I have no doubt his diligence and dedication to preserving the days of yore will be excellently recorded in his book.

      He and all in this Jackson County group have been of tremendous help to me in my genealogical research.

      Thanks to all.
    • Joy Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14 3:35 AM
        Keep everyone posted on the release of Mr. Hembree's book.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14 7:57 AM
          I definitely will.