RE: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
      Who was your gggrandmother?

      Regina

      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Betty Pigg
      Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 6:58 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery

      Hi Clay
      Thanks for responding this cem is I guess somewhere around Garth and Trenton AL. We drove arond and seen signs for both Garth and Trenton and both of those little community's are so close together I'm really not for sure but I will look at the home website.
      If I can find where my g-g-great grandmother is burried and I know from her death record she is burried in this cem I want to get her a headstone.

      Thanks again
      Betty Pigg

      From: Betty Pigg <bettypigg@... <mailto:bettypigg%40yahoo.com> >
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 1:01 PM

      Hi to all,
      Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

      Thanks
      Betty Pigg

    • Betty Pigg
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
        Louiza Franklin b.april 1, 1859 died July 12,1914 she was the daughter of Jack and Betsey Riddle she married John William Franklin Mar 4 1883 in Jackson Co AL.

        Betty Pigg

        Is this the Latham Cemetery near Garth that you are talking about? If so there is a listing of burials at the group home website under Files MegaCemJacksonAll.

        Clay

        Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

        Thanks
        Betty Pigg

      • Roger Burbank
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
          Hi, anyone have ancestors in Dodson Cemetery in Lim Rock? my Williams are there.  Roger

          Is this the Latham Cemetery near Garth that you are talking about? If so there is a listing of burials at the group home website under Files MegaCemJacksonAll.

          Clay

          Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

          Thanks
           Betty Pigg

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
            Hello out there, yes there are 2 Latham Cemeteries in Jackson County. The other is sometimes called the Lewis Cemetery near Garth.

            But the one you want is exactly where you thought it was -located on Highway 20 about four miles east of State Highway 65.

            Jewel
            Thank you both for trying to help but there must be 2 Latham Cemetery's in Jackson co Because the one we visited in Mar 2010 was near the end of County Road 20 just passed 3 Springs School and this one is where my g-g-great grand mother is buried for you can see the mountain where my uncle owned land in the 1940's to 1960's and we were all told if you went to the back of uncle jimmy's land you could look down in the valley and see the cem where Louiza Franklin and some other family were burried and according to Louiza's death record she is burried in Latham cem. The only orther place it mentions is Princeton Post Office.
            But once again thanks for trying to help
            Betty Pigg

          • cagle8185@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
              Betty,

              What do you know about John (Pigg) Riddle? His farm was located in the mountains off of HW 65 and up Puncheon Cove. He was my ggggrandfather.

              Bill Cagle

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                thanks

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                  Betty,
                  Do you know anything about John (Pigg) Riddle?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                    Are these the same Riddles that married into the Mccutchen family?  Roger

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                      Bill,

                      No I'm sorry I don't know any thing on the Riddles, just that my g-g-greatgrandmother was the daughter of Jack and Betsy Riddle, I can't find any infor mation on the Riddle family of Jackson co , if you have any inforation on the Riddle's I would love to read about them.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                        I was looking for some of my family in a cemetery in Wininger last night on Skyline Mountain. I think the cemetery was Liberty I saw a few RIDDLE buried there. Can’t remember their names.

                        Regina

[...]

                      • Charles McCutchen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                          The Riddles married into our family very early on in Pendleton District, South Carolina.  They are supposedly from Chattam County, NC.  It is interesting that they seemed to follow similar migration routes from the Carolina into East Tennessee, ending up in some of the same places in North Carolina and Texas.

                          The best contact I've found is a Willie Gail Riddles-Rotzoll

                          I don't know how much research she has done in on the N. Alabama Riddles.  I've seen them in Madison/Morgan County too.

                          Thanks,
                          Charlie

                          From: cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> <cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> >

                          To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>