Re: [jacksongenealogy] Letam Cemetery

  • Betty Pigg
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
      To Clay and Ann,
      Thank you both for trying to help but there must be 2 Latham Cemetery's in Jackson co Because the one we visited in Mar 2010 was near the end of County Road 20 just passed 3 Springs School and this one is where my g-g-great grand mother is buried for you can see the mountain where my uncle owned land in the 1940's to 1960's and we were all told if you went to the back of uncle jimmy's land you could look down in the valley and see the cem where Louiza Franklin and some other family were burried and according to Louiza's death record she is burried in Latham cem. The only orther place it mentions is Princeton Post Office.
      But once again thanks for trying to help
      Betty Pigg

      From: Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 12:44 PM

      Betty

      Is this the Latham Cemetery near Garth that you are talking about? If so there is a listing of burials at the group home website under Files MegaCemJacksonAll.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
        Who was your gggrandmother?

        Regina

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
          Louiza Franklin b.april 1, 1859 died July 12,1914 she was the daughter of Jack and Betsey Riddle she married John William Franklin Mar 4 1883 in Jackson Co AL.

          Betty Pigg

          Is this the Latham Cemetery near Garth that you are talking about? If so there is a listing of burials at the group home website under Files MegaCemJacksonAll.

          Clay

          Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

          Thanks
          Betty Pigg

        • Roger Burbank
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
            Hi, anyone have ancestors in Dodson Cemetery in Lim Rock? my Williams are there.  Roger

            Is this the Latham Cemetery near Garth that you are talking about? If so there is a listing of burials at the group home website under Files MegaCemJacksonAll.

            Clay

            Dose anyone know who takes care of Letham Cemetery. located on County Road 20 in Jackson Co AL? This cem is located on the Left passed the 3 Springs School. I was told that the school took care of it for years and they don't know who takes care of it need. I was out there in Mar and someone is doing a great job of care for it and I'm trying to find out more information of who's burried there. So if anyone knows who ge in touch with or has any idea how a person could find out about it. I would appreaciate any help

            Thanks
             Betty Pigg

          • Jewel Casey
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 13, 2010
              Hello out there, yes there are 2 Latham Cemeteries in Jackson County. The other is sometimes called the Lewis Cemetery near Garth.

              But the one you want is exactly where you thought it was -located on Highway 20 about four miles east of State Highway 65.

              Jewel

            • cagle8185@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                Betty,

                What do you know about John (Pigg) Riddle? His farm was located in the mountains off of HW 65 and up Puncheon Cove. He was my ggggrandfather.

                Bill Cagle

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                  thanks

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                    Betty,
                    Do you know anything about John (Pigg) Riddle?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                      Are these the same Riddles that married into the Mccutchen family?  Roger

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                        Bill,

                        No I'm sorry I don't know any thing on the Riddles, just that my g-g-greatgrandmother was the daughter of Jack and Betsy Riddle, I can't find any infor mation on the Riddle family of Jackson co , if you have any inforation on the Riddle's I would love to read about them.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                          I was looking for some of my family in a cemetery in Wininger last night on Skyline Mountain. I think the cemetery was Liberty I saw a few RIDDLE buried there. Can’t remember their names.

                          Regina

[...]

                        • Charles McCutchen
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 14, 2010
                            The Riddles married into our family very early on in Pendleton District, South Carolina.  They are supposedly from Chattam County, NC.  It is interesting that they seemed to follow similar migration routes from the Carolina into East Tennessee, ending up in some of the same places in North Carolina and Texas.

                            The best contact I've found is a Willie Gail Riddles-Rotzoll

                            I don't know how much research she has done in on the N. Alabama Riddles.  I've seen them in Madison/Morgan County too.

                            Thanks,
                            Charlie

                            From: cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> <cagle8185@... <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> >

                            To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>