Luther Gamble; other families

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2010
      Hi!

      I don't know whether my Gambles were ever in KY. I do know that they can be found in eastern GA counties and in SC.

      I am actually descended from Taylors, the earliest being Samuel McDaniel Taylor, who married a Brinson. She was from Pulaski County, KY. The Taylors were in Jackson County, AL for a time. I am in laws with the Edwards family. Right off hand, I'm not sure if those Edwards migrated into KY before moving to Jackson County, AL.

      The Taylors and Edwards moved to Stone County, MO. They left Jackson County, AL in the 1850s. My 4th gr grandmother Nancy Carr was a Taylor.

      Robert Schneider
    • Linda Hollman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010
        I don't have your particular Samuel Taylor in my KY database. I do have a
        Sharon "Nancy" Carr born in 1818 who married Ezekiel Bowling. He remarried
        in 1949, so I don't know if she died or they divorced.

        Consider yourself fortunate if you have a line that runs through SE
        Kentucky.

        Linda

        Linda Hollman

        Oklahoma City, OK