Luther Gamble

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2010
      Does anyone out there have any info on a Luther Gamble? I have reason to believe that my Carr family was either a blood relation of the Gambles or else very close to them. One of my research interests is the Keith family. I do know that one of them, George W., was the son of Martha Gamble. Was Luther a member of that Gamble family? The one that migrated from the eastern GA/western South Carolina area? The family that migrated to SC in the mid 1700s?

      The Carrs I have in mind lived in the Rash area. They can be found in Jackson County censuses as late as 1850. In that 1850 census, they lived near some Gambles.

      Thanks for any help!

      Robert S.

      Carr, Dent, Spence, Taylor, Williams, Keith, Gamble, Edwards, Singleton
    • Linda Hollman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2010
        Robert,

        Lots of Gamble/Gambel/Gambrel/Gambrells in Knox County, Kentucky and
        surrounding counties where many, many documents are now online. Greatest
        place in the U.S. to research as far as I know. It's where I think USGenWeb
        or RootsWeb or something like that started. Also have Edwards and Taylors in
        our SE Kentucky line.

        Linda

        Linda Hollman

        Oklahoma City, OK