Info on Rosa (Manning) Harmon

  • Marvin Hodges
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 5:56 AM
      I'm looking for info on the grandmother of my 1st wife. Her name was Rosa or Rosie (Manning) Harmon. The 1900 census of Jackson Co., Al shows her to be the daughter of Joseph T Manning and that she was born Dec 1891. She also had an apparent twin Hosea L Manning. She was hit by a car and died Sept 28, 1926 in Nashville, Tn. Tennessee death records show that she was divorced. The 1930 census of Nashville, Tn shows her two daughters (Mary and Laura) living with their uncle H L Manning.

      I'm not certain of the name of her husband (possibly George William Harmon) or why her children were living with the uncle rather than the father. I don't know what happened to the father. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

      Wayne Hodges
      mwaynehodges@...