Re: [jacksongenealogy] selby

  • phyllis jordan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26 8:10 AM
      hi there clay
      maybe memory doesn't serve to well these days. James O. Selby's will says he bought land Nov. 29, 1866.
      It was ordered sold June 29, 1867. Final settlement made 3-15-1872. Adm. was James O. Selby. Here I go again
      I think I saw that James O, had a son Oliver or James Oliver on 1850. Death certificate can have errors too. I
      have one that the father of the dead person is not right.

      Phyllis

      From: country_cheeky <prjordan@...>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] selby
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 2:58 PM

      If memory serves,new computer, files not changed over yet, William Selby
      is son of James Oliver Selby. John Higgins Selby is son of James Oliver
      Selby Jr. James Oliver Sr was married to Jane Orme. William Selby was married Elizabeth Blessing. My grandfather was Isaac Selby he married my Grandma when he was old. She was mid-20's. His father was William,
      Ann was Isaac's sister.My opinion all Selby/Selvey/Selvy in Jackson County Alabama are related. Elizabeth's father died in 1872,as did
      William Selby. William was also a son James Oliver Sr.

      Phyllis Jordan