Re: Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Old Baptist Cemetery Hollywood, Alabama

  • Sheila McCloud
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
      I put out the word on Dec 1 I think. I was attacked by the sircam_a. virus
      and it is a wicked little thing that grabs one of your personal files,
      gathers every e-mail address in your computer (from your address book, saved
      e-mails, etc.) and attaches to your file so it all looks kosher to lots of
      your buddies and sends itself to all of them. You never know what hits you.
      Anyway, I got it and it sent itself to Jackson genealogy and I'm sure you
      must have picked it up there because the message that came to me had a
      virus.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001

      • Privacy@LAMarket.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
          Privacy Policy Confirmation;

          This is an acknowledgment and courtesy notification regarding recent
          message, which processed by LAMarket.net

          Thank you

          Privacy Policy details provided at:
          http://www.LAMarket.net/LAMarket/Privacy.asp

          To be excluded from receiving future announcements, simply click the
          following link:
          mailto:Privacy@...?Subject=PleaseRemoveMe
          Or, Reply with Email Subject = PleaseRemoveMe

          Please send your requests to: Wish@...
          Edit status of your email by using the following Email Unique ID at:
          http://www.LAMarket.net/LAMarket/EMailEdit.asp?
          EMailUniqueID={43CDBAD8-E9C1-11D5-8B0C-00A0CCE2193C}
        • psueg@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
            What is this all about? Peggy

            > This is an acknowledgment and courtesy notification regarding recent
            > message, which processed by LAMarket.net
            >
            > Thank you
            >
            > Privacy Policy details provided at:
            > http://www.LAMarket.net/LAMarket/Privacy.asp
            >
            > To be excluded from receiving future announcements, simply click the
            > following link:
            > mailto:Privacy@...?Subject=PleaseRemoveMe
            > Or, Reply with Email Subject = PleaseRemoveMe
            >
            > Please send your requests to: Wish@...
            > Edit status of your email by using the following Email Unique ID at:
            > http://www.LAMarket.net/LAMarket/EMailEdit.asp?
            > EMailUniqueID={43CDBAD7-E9C1-11D5-8B0C-00A0CCE2193C}

          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2001
              Please, once again I request that we do not use the mailing list to discuss
              virus nor other non-genealogy subjects. Please take those discussions to
              private emails.

              And I remind you that our list does not forward attachments to its members.
              If you will take notice, none of the messages here ever contain attachments.
              Most of the viruses get into your computer when you open an email attachment
              so, since none are sent with our list emails, it is unlikely you will get a
              virus from this list.

              Thanks to all of you for being good list members and may each of you have a
              joyous and peaceful holiday.

              List coordinator

              Richard