Texas book with AL roots

  • cmycats@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 8:42 PM
      Hi all,

      The tiny url below is for a book on google books, A History of Texas and Texans.

      I did a keyword search for Alabama and had 100 hits. When you search that way you can just scroll through the results and see if there is a county or name of interest to you. You can also search by name, etc.

      The one I saw with Jackson Co AL mentioned was a bio on William T. Collins b 1859 Jackson Co AL.

      There may be others from the area but you will just need to look at the surnames. There is no index in the book. So far I've found two people in my tree with Alabama roots.

      http://tinyurl.com/28d7e8e

      Good luck,

      Pam Cain

      Hamilton/Green/e line