Re: [jacksongenealogy] Barnett Shot & Killed

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
      A friend of mine is trying to find any info or a newspaper article on the of her little brother Dennis Edward Barnett D.O.B. 12-26-1944 and his father Dennis Elbert Barnett. The father was killed March 29, 1947. They lived in Stevenson. If anyone has any information could you please pass it along. Thank you- Misty

      The young boy is shown buried here:

      http://files.usgwarchives.org/al/jackson/cemeteries/rockysprings.txt

      There don't appear to be any other Barnetts in the same cemetery.

    • tigerbite37397
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
        Thank you so much I will pass it along. I also noticed some of my surnames from Marion County, Tn that belong in the family!!

      • msbs05@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
          Was the father shot and killed by a man named Steel?

          Michaele

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
            I have no idea, that is the only info he had. I asked for more,but he didn't have any.

            On Mon Jun 28th, 2010 3:44 PM EDT msbs05@... wrote:

            >Was the father shot and killed by a man named Steel?
            >

            >Michaele

          • paula stockebrand
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
              For what it is worth, I have some Barnett ancestry..
              ..an Isaac Barnett  is in  an 1860 and 1880 census...I think Talledega county..but his wife Sarah  Walls Barnett was from Calhoun area, with Jackson county connections.
              The census spells him  ISAAC BURNET

              Paula

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
                I found another piece of info, Death Cert says Houston County Alabama. Would you happen to have any information on him. Thank you from me and Bill ( my friend)

                A friend of mine is trying to find any info or a newspaper article on the of her little brother Dennis Edward Barnett D.O.B. 12-26-1944 and his father Dennis Elbert Barnett. The father was killed March 29, 1947. They lived in Stevenson. If anyone has any information could you please pass it along. Thank you- Misty

              • Joy Smith
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
                  Does anyone know the married name of the former Peggy Willis, of Sequatchie? I met her at my Aunt's funeral, but have forgotten her last name. Thank you.