Re: [jacksongenealogy] Death Notices

  • Scottsboro Museum
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2001
      Dear Peggy,
      We have an index for death notices published in the local papers. Starting
      around 1873-1959. Some of our papers are missing but
      if you will give me a full name and approximate date of death, we will
      see what we can do for you at the Heritage Center in Scottsboro. We
      charge 5.00 for the search and copies of the obit. If we can't find the
      information for you there is no charge.

      Judi Weaver
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2001
        What I was really needing was to see if you had the death notices in the
        daily paper on the internet, I will also keep your email, I am doing
        research for the family roots. Thanks Peggy
        > We have an index for death notices published in the local papers.
        Starting
        > around 1873-1959. Some of our papers are missing but
        > if you will give me a full name and approximate date of death, we will
        > see what we can do for you at the Heritage Center in Scottsboro. We
        > charge 5.00 for the search and copies of the obit. If we can't find the
        > information for you there is no charge.
        >
        > Judi Weaver

      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2001
          The Huntsville Times runs death notices for several counties in North
          Alabama and Southern Tn. Who are you looking for and when did they die?
          Regina
          regina.pipes@...

        • wemac4@netzero.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2001
            I found this site useful in locating my grandmother, Mandy McBride's,
            obituary.It took a little digging but I found it. I could not remember the
            exact path of how I discovered it through these links, but kept digging down
            the links till I found it.
            Her death was in Jan 2000.
            I don't know how far back it would have information.
            I hope this is of some help.

            http://huntsville.about.com/cs/alabamacemeteries/index.htm?iam=dpile&terms=%2BGenealogical+%2BInformation

            Jon

            Peggy Sue O'Shields-Gaddis wrote:

            > Does Jackson Co., Ala. area have a place to go for the "Death Notices"
            > on the internet?
            >
            > Peggy

            Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
            Only $9.95 per month!