Post for a Rutherford reseacher

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      I'm interested in corresponding with whoever posted the information on
      the Rutherford family to the Jackson County website. I've been working
      independently of this person and have come up with much the same
      information. I'd like to share/compare information. I'm particularly
      interested in the James Rutherford/Susan Henry marriage. I discovered
      that Susan's maiden name may have been Henry quite a while back and have
      had no confirmation of this. Wondering if the person above chanced upon
      the same information or if it is derived from what I've been posting
      online about this family.

      Is anyone aware of cemeteries where there are Rutherford, Bolton, or
      Henry burials in Jackson County? These would have been in the
      Bellefonte and Stevenson areas. Does anyone know what might have
      happened to historic cemeteries that stood in the path of the TVA
      nuclear power plant reservoir. When researching the Bellefonte area,
      large parts of the land my family probably farmed are likely underwater
      now. Could their burials be at the bottom of the body of water
      associated with the power plants?

      Please respond to brunette@.... Thanks.