RE: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 385

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2001
      Brad, I believe that the sites that Jon gave you will give you a terrific
      start! I have one Thompson that I know about in my line that was apparently
      at some point in Jackson County. It was Daniel A. Thompson who married
      Mathilda Elizabeth Padgett. They later moved on to Quachita County,
      Arkansas. I have just begun to research the Thompson line and have almost
      no information yet, but I'll watch for your names as I research them. Good
      luck! You might try coming to the Alabama genealogy chat on Monday nights.
      I'm on Eastern time and it starts at 9 pm for me. It can be found at
      http://huntsville.about.com/mpchat.htm and it is best if you sign in with a
      nickname rather than the "guest" that is already in the sign in slot. It's
      a great group and you could might find out someone who knows something about
      your Thompsons. You can also write the Administrator of the site at
      huntsville2@... and get more information about reading past transcripts
      for information. Her name is Jean, and she is most helpful! Good luck!
      Anne

      From: FIVE0@...
      2. Re: looking for information on ( Thompson) name.
      From: wemac4@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 22:42:50 -0000
      From: FIVE0@...
      Subject: looking for information on ( Thompson) name.

      hello, The name here is Brad Thompson all of this is new to me. I
      would like to learn where and what to do on the internet to learn
      about my family history. If anyone can tell me some web sites to go
      to it would be appreciated. Also I would like to start with the
      Thompson side of my family. My grandaddy's name is Noah Thompson born
      in Jan-14-1910 married to Inez Paradise both from Scottsboro. My
      great grandads name was Harv or Harvey Thompson also of Scottsboro.
      If anyone can help me with getting started I would appreciate it very
      much. My email address is five0@... thanks the 0 is a
      zero in five0 this is sometimes confusing.

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:06:31 -0500
      From: wemac4@...
      Subject: Re: looking for information on ( Thompson) name.

      I recommend checking this website, which has a wealth of information and
      sites to start searching from:

      http://www.cyndislist.com/

      The following sites I found useful also:

      http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/deathrecords.html
      http://www.genealogy.com/index_a.html?Welcome=1004259494
      http://huntsville.about.com/cs/alabamacemeteries/index.htm?iam=dpile&terms=%
      2BGenealogical+%2BInformation