Re: [jacksongenealogy] CIVIL WAR SKIRMISH at DUCKETT's PLANTATION in JACKSON ...

  • James and Barbara Dooley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2010
      Jean, I wonder if your James McCord could be related to my husband's McCord
      ancestors. A James McCord in York Co., SC, was James's 5th
      gt.grandfather. His daughter, Hannah, married John Denton, so the McCord
      name ended in J's line at that point. The Dentons moved to Hall Co., GA,
      very early in the 19th century; then moved on west to Cherokee and Paulding
      Counties in GA;then to Winston Co., AL, and DeKalb Co., AL. Do any of
      these names or places sound familiar to you? I have the names and places
      for Hannah's McCord siblings. If you're interested, I can send them to you.

      Barbara Wilson Dooley

      At 03:03 PM 3/17/2010, you wrote:

      >I noticed in this report, Ann Chambless listed some of Richard Duckett's
      >neighbors. One neighbor listed was James McCord. I have been searching for
      >information on this family. I found them on the 1960 census in Paint Rock
      >but not after that. James McCord's wife was a sister of my husband's
      >gggrandfather, A W (Archiebald Warren) Brooks. Any information on the James
      >McCord family would be greatly appreciated
      Jean Bowen