ARTHUR BURNS RESERVATION

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2010
      The most comprehensive essay on Arthur Burns was written by Patty
      Woodall and is found in THE JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES, Volume 15,
      Number 1, dated January 2003. It is an 8-page article.
      I included the Arthur Burns reservation in an essay I wrote entitled
      CHEROKEE RESERVES IN JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA that is found in THE
      JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES dated October 1981. I included the inventory
      of the property of Arthur Burns, deceased, in THE JACKSON COUNTY
      CHRONICLES, Volume 3 dated January 1990. His estate was administered
      by Richard Riley and John McNary/McNairy, and his property was
      appraised by James Smith and Alex W. Dulaney who were neighbors of
      Arthur Burns at the time of his death in 1820.
      Regretfully there are no extra copies of any of these issues of THE
      CHRONICLES, but they are on file at the Scottsboro Public Library and
      the Scottsboro-Jackson County Heritage Center.
      Ann B. Chambless