Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Jones Reservations

  • jrytrplt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2010
      I neither know about or care about any Cherokee gold. I recently had a note from a person in Texas indicating that a Thomas ancester might have married a Margaret Ellen Jones, probably about 1840, 1845, etc. I had thought that the name was Margaret Ellen McWilliams. She (TX) indicated that her grandfather's father had indicated that his wife was a full-blooded Cherokee. I totally dismiss the idea that she was FBI, but if she were a Jones, then she might have been a mixed blood Cherokee from Jackson Co. Hence my interest in the Cherokee Jones reservations.