Re: Hamilton - Green/Greene families

  • tongtiedtwisted
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2010
      Thank you Paula and John.

      I do know that one child of Russell Hamilton and Margaret Green Hamilton was born in TN c 1815 (Sallie Matilda Hamilton m John Cunningham, Jackson Co., AL)

      The William Green on the 1830 census (my understanding from another researcher) moved to Itawamba MS - the same location my Hamilton line moved to after 1840.

      I also noticed a Burkett Green in the 1830 census. Burkett was a name used in my Hamilton line once in the next generation. I assume it has to be a nod to someone in the family - or maybe an uncle?

      Thanks,
      Pam Cain