HIGH FALLS CREEK, 3 miles north of Flat Rock

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      *I found a picture of "High Falls Creek, 3 miles north of Flat Rock,
      used for fishing and swimming" in Jackson County, Alabama, on the
      Alabama Department of Archives and History website. You might want to
      enter their name in your favorite web browser and then click on
      photographs to find the picture of the Falls that was made in the
      1930s. I suspect this is the falls and swimming hole that T'lene
      Bryant referred to in an earlier email.
      Ann B. Chambless

      *

    • brendal
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
        No, The Punch Bowl is in Bryant it has 3 falls the main one is 90 I think. It has been in the McCloud family for years. The family that is still into the four note singing is the Hutcheson and some of that family is in Ider. The addresse in the Bryant area was long island for a long time not sure what year it changed I think maybe in the 70's.