Re: KASH, ALABAMA

  • francesl
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Flat Rock was Kash then they changed the Name to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

      > Kash, Alabama was named for Levi Cash/Kash. He was enumerated as Cash
      > in the 1830 and 1850 Jackson County censuses and as Kash in the 1840
      > census. The William Smith family were among his neighbors in 1850. His
      > Cash became Kash when the post office was established and named for him.
      > Levi Cash was born October 22, 1802, and died May 31, 1879. He is
      > buried in the Smith Cemetery east of Fabius. Levi Cash purchased 80
      > acres in the Southwest quarter of Section 7, Township 3, Range 9 East.
      > The first 40 acres was purchased in 1848, and the second 40 acres was
      > purchased in 1853. Levi Kash purchased another 80 acres in 1859 in the
      > Southwest quarter of Section 16 of Township 3, Range 9 East.
      > The land in Section 7 is located just south of CO RD 81 about half way
      > between Fabius and Flat Rock. The land in Section 16 is slightly north
      > of the intersection of CO RD 117 and CO RD 71, very close to Flat Rock.
      > The old land records tell us that Levi Cash/Kash was one of the first
      > men to buy land in this area of Sand Mountain.
      > I have been told that Levi and Nancy Cash/Kash had two sons, but I have
      > never researched the younger generation.
      > Ann B. Chambless

    • francesl
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

        > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
        > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
        > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
        > Ann B. Chambless

      • francesl
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "francesl" <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

          > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
          >
          > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
          > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
          > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
          > > Ann B. Chambless

        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            Thanks Frances. There is so many little places in Jackson County I wish to
            visit. Sounds like a good spring drive.

            Regina

            There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ann B. Chambless"
            <rabc123@...> wrote:

            > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
            > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
            > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
            > Ann B. Chambless

          • Kathy Thomison
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
              Ok - Sorry - there was a Levi Rash and I thought maybe a mistake had been made on the census records.

              KATHY

              ________________________________
              If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
              --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "francesl" <frances_lambert200 0@...> wrote:

              > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
              >
              > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
              > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
              > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
              > > Ann B. Chambless

            • JLH
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                It will be if spring ever gets here.

                JL Hamilton

                _____

                From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com
                There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

                --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com