Re: [jacksongenealogy] KASH, ALABAMA

  • T'Lene
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      I was just typing the same info when yours popped up. Thanks, Ann.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        Flat Rock was Kash then they changed the Name to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

        > Kash, Alabama was named for Levi Cash/Kash. He was enumerated as Cash
        > in the 1830 and 1850 Jackson County censuses and as Kash in the 1840
        > census. The William Smith family were among his neighbors in 1850. His
        > Cash became Kash when the post office was established and named for him.
        > Levi Cash was born October 22, 1802, and died May 31, 1879. He is
        > buried in the Smith Cemetery east of Fabius. Levi Cash purchased 80
        > acres in the Southwest quarter of Section 7, Township 3, Range 9 East.
        > The first 40 acres was purchased in 1848, and the second 40 acres was
        > purchased in 1853. Levi Kash purchased another 80 acres in 1859 in the
        > Southwest quarter of Section 16 of Township 3, Range 9 East.
        > The land in Section 7 is located just south of CO RD 81 about half way
        > between Fabius and Flat Rock. The land in Section 16 is slightly north
        > of the intersection of CO RD 117 and CO RD 71, very close to Flat Rock.
        > The old land records tell us that Levi Cash/Kash was one of the first
        > men to buy land in this area of Sand Mountain.
        > I have been told that Levi and Nancy Cash/Kash had two sons, but I have
        > never researched the younger generation.
        > Ann B. Chambless

      • francesl
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

          > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
          > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
          > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
          > Ann B. Chambless

        • francesl
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "francesl" <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

            > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
            >
            > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
            > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
            > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
            > > Ann B. Chambless

          • Regina Pipes
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
              Thanks Frances. There is so many little places in Jackson County I wish to
              visit. Sounds like a good spring drive.

              Regina

              There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ann B. Chambless"
              <rabc123@...> wrote:

              > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
              > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
              > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
              > Ann B. Chambless

            • Kathy Thomison
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                Ok - Sorry - there was a Levi Rash and I thought maybe a mistake had been made on the census records.

                KATHY

                ________________________________
                If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
                --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "francesl" <frances_lambert200 0@...> wrote:

                > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
                >
                > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
                > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
                > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
                > > Ann B. Chambless

              • JLH
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                  It will be if spring ever gets here.

                  JL Hamilton

                  _____

                  From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com
                  There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

                  --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com