KASH, ALABAMA

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
      Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
      definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
      Ann B. Chambless

    • T'Lene
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        I was just typing the same info when yours popped up. Thanks, Ann.
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          Flat Rock was Kash then they changed the Name to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

          > Kash, Alabama was named for Levi Cash/Kash. He was enumerated as Cash
          > in the 1830 and 1850 Jackson County censuses and as Kash in the 1840
          > census. The William Smith family were among his neighbors in 1850. His
          > Cash became Kash when the post office was established and named for him.
          > Levi Cash was born October 22, 1802, and died May 31, 1879. He is
          > buried in the Smith Cemetery east of Fabius. Levi Cash purchased 80
          > acres in the Southwest quarter of Section 7, Township 3, Range 9 East.
          > The first 40 acres was purchased in 1848, and the second 40 acres was
          > purchased in 1853. Levi Kash purchased another 80 acres in 1859 in the
          > Southwest quarter of Section 16 of Township 3, Range 9 East.
          > The land in Section 7 is located just south of CO RD 81 about half way
          > between Fabius and Flat Rock. The land in Section 16 is slightly north
          > of the intersection of CO RD 117 and CO RD 71, very close to Flat Rock.
          > The old land records tell us that Levi Cash/Kash was one of the first
          > men to buy land in this area of Sand Mountain.
          > I have been told that Levi and Nancy Cash/Kash had two sons, but I have
          > never researched the younger generation.
          > Ann B. Chambless

        • francesl
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

            > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
            > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
            > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
            > Ann B. Chambless

          • francesl
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
              If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "francesl" <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

              > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
              >
              > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
              > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
              > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
              > > Ann B. Chambless

            • Regina Pipes
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                Thanks Frances. There is so many little places in Jackson County I wish to
                visit. Sounds like a good spring drive.

                Regina

                There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ann B. Chambless"
                <rabc123@...> wrote:

                > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
                > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
                > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
                > Ann B. Chambless

              • Kathy Thomison
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                  Ok - Sorry - there was a Levi Rash and I thought maybe a mistake had been made on the census records.

                  KATHY

                  ________________________________
                  If I remember right Kash was changed to Flat Rock in the early 1900's.
                  --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "francesl" <frances_lambert200 0@...> wrote:

                  > There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.
                  >
                  > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Kash, Alabama is on Sand Mountain which is several miles east of
                  > > Stevenson. Rash, Alabama is west of Stevenson, AL. They are
                  > > definitely two different places and separated by at least 40 miles.
                  > > Ann B. Chambless

                • JLH
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                    It will be if spring ever gets here.

                    JL Hamilton

                    _____

                    From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                    yahoogroups.com
                    There is a Lewis Family Cemetery on county road 14.

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                    yahoogroups.com