Re: [jacksongenealogy] Guess Creek Cemetery

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
      Clay,

      Your statement about, "you cannot get there from here" is very true, unless you go by foot or horseback. Many of what were called roads, were trails. The law said a person had access to his property but it was the width of his tracks. Now days folks want to take log trucks in areas and claim the trail was a road. They have the right to use the old trail to their property but it is the width of the old tracks.

      Bill Cagle

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
        Yes Clay
        What you described, sounds exactly what was told by my grand dad to the kin folks. I was only 4yrs old, when the grown ups went through the woods on the mountain owned at that time by Jimmie and Mildred Sharp. As I got older and I heard the story over and over and after papaw passed away I started looking for the place via internet. We made a trip about 15 yrs ago but didn't know where to start but now I'm getting better at narrowing things down.
        and by the way last night when I first tryed the links on the jackson co home page they were not working but an hr or so later they did work. Thanks again for all your help. I don't think people tell all of you who help people like me just how much help you information helps. just reading other peoples post has lead me to clue of my family.