Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. AL cemetery, Guess Creek Baptist Church Cemetery.

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
      Pig Riddle's real was John. Do you know him? He married Ruhamba(you spell it?) Green.

      Bill Cagle

      From: Betty Pigg <bettypigg@yahoo. com>
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 12:44 AM

      Jewel

      The book you spoke of the "Paint Rock Valley Pioneer's" Can you tell me if there are any Franklins or Riddles, listed? I'm looking for a Louisa or Luiza Riddle who married John W Franklin in Jackson Co AL. They lived in Jackson and Madison Co AL. Louisa or Luiza Died between 1910 and 1920, but we can't find a record of her death, My granddaddy took some kin folks on the mountain where his cousin lived and they were looking down in a valley and he told them there's where my grandma Louisa Franklin in burried. By finding the deed to land that his cousin owned has got us to Guess Creek, the land is on CO. RD. 8 on the mountain and looking north at the map the Cem is close to Guess Creek and CO RD 20.

      Thanks
      Betty

      From: Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@ yahoo.com>
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 7:15 PM

      If it is the cemetery of Guess Creek Baptist Church it is in the Paint Rock Valley northeast of Paint Rock. I can give directions but as I said fours years ago it is one of those places in Jackson Co. that is hard to reach. Go up the Paint Rock Valley to Trenton, Grass Creek is eastnortheast of Trenton. There is a road just north of Trenton that goes to the right toward Grass Creek.

      If you go to a terraserver topo map and find Trenton then look ENE about 3 or 4 Mi you will see Grass Creek.

      Perhaps someone who lives in the Paint Rock Valley can give better directions.

      Clay

      From: Eulonda Owens <kegoad@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. AL cemetery
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 5:44 PM

      Does anyone know of a cemetery possibly known as GRASS GRAVEYARD? This name is shown on a death certificate that I have for Jesse G. Pendergrass age 5 years.

    • jackie morgan
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
        No, I am afraid I don't recognize those names either.  But always worth a shot.
        Good Luck

        ________________________________

        ____________ _________ _________ __

[...]

      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
          Beech Grove Cemetery located near Francisco Community.
          Eliza Jane RIDDLE
          Born Apr. 6, 1838
          Died Apr. 2, 1918

          In the family notes it says:
          Eliza Jane Riddle's husband, John (Rip) Riddle is buried beside her in an unmarked grave.

          But no FRANKLIN to match the names

          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
            Betty and Jewel,

            I feel like there must be some relation to Pig Riddle because he had a female child named Mary Riddle and she married Joe McCure and they had one female child name Eliza. Mary died when Eliza was only 8 years old and Joe was in the pin, for killing a man. Eliza lived with John (Pig) Riddle but was loaned out to other folks as a "house girl". Eliza married Joe Stoval and they were my ggrandparents.

            Bill Cagle

[...]

          • Eulonda Owens
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
              Yes , that is my Mother's parents.  All the Jesse Green Pendergrass children changed the spelling of their names to Pendergraft.  My Mother remembers living there. This was  a duplex of sorts and she spent a lot of time with them. She is 96 now and doesn't remember details. I should have started this years ago. I'll probably be coming to Scottsboro in April depending on the weather of course.  Do you know if anyone has worked on the Thomas Gold cemetery since 4 years ago?

              From: Jewel Casey <jcasey@cafes. <mailto:jcasey% 40cafes.net> net>
              Church Cemetery.
              To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
              yahoogroups. com

              Could the name possible be named Guess Cem this is one I have been looking
              for
              Betty

              Does anyone know of a cemetery possibly known as GRASS GRAVEYARD? This name
              is shown on a death certificate that I have for Jesse G. Pendergrass age 5
              years.

              07:35:00

            • Betty Pigg
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
                Bill
                I guess there is a possiblity that my Riddle and Your Riddle might be related I just found out about Louisa/ Luiza a few years ago.

                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
                  Jewel
                  I found this Liza Jane too.This is not her.  But thank you for looking. These Franklins have proved to be just as stubering to find, as they were stubering in life. please excuse my spelling
                  Betty

[...]

                • Mary Urban
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 5, 2010
                    Unsubscribe