  • Eulonda Owens
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4 11:40 AM
      Thank you Clay and Ann for your hints on the Grass/Gross/Guess cemetery location.
    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4 12:43 PM
        Gross Cemetery is located on HWY 79 South on the right at the end of the four lane going toward Guntersivlle from Scottsboro.

        You can locate most Jackson County Cemeteries by going ot the Group Home Website clicking on LINKS then clicking on the Jackson County Mega Cemetery File. One of our computer savey members compiled them into one list that is searchable by using the FIND feature under EDIT. Just enter the name of the person you are looking for in the Search box.
        There is also a file for the Guntersville Flooded Cemeteries.

        Some of the cemeteries not on the MegaFile are on FindAGrave.

        Some of the old cemeteries are on private land and you should ask the owners permission to enter and if it is on pasture land make sure you close all gates to keep livestock from wandering. I have never heard of anyone denying permission but a very few people have not been considerate about closing gates.

        Unfortunately some of the old cemeteries in Jackson County have fallen on hard times and do need care and cleanup.  This is not just Jackson County's problem but is nation wide.

        While we may be in the depths of winter right now in just a few months it will be cleanup time and Decoration.

        Clay

        Visit Your Group Start a New Topic

        MARKETPLACE

        Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

        .

      • Eulonda Owens
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4 3:49 PM
          Again many thanks for your help. I'll be traveling as soon as the winter passes. I am a descendent of Thomas Gold and so will probably check the cemetery at Maynard Cove while I'm in the area.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4 5:28 PM
            The link was not working for the Cemetery file when I tried it today.

          • Clay Gullatt
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4 6:04 PM
              Cindy

              You need a Yahoo ID in order to access the features at the Group Home Website.

              Clay

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4 9:20 PM
                Clay,

                I do have a yahoo ID. If you go to Links, and select Jackson County Cemeteries, it is a non-active URL.

                I found the files after more searching, but they are under the Files tab.

                Thanks,

                Cindy

                To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

                From: Cindy Smith <cindysmith9@...>

                To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

                Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 8:28 PM

                The link was not working for the Cemetery file when I tried it today.

              • Betty Pigg
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4 9:25 PM
                  Hey Clay I'm a member and signed in and none of the links were working

                  Betty