Re: [jacksongenealogy] Walker-Hamilton

  • Stirling Young
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
      some of the Walkers married Coyles around the Huntsville area and some were dr's.My grt grand dad Walker Jones Coyle is related to the Huntsville walkers.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
        I am posting this primarily for the benefit of anyone who might come along in the future seeking this information.

        Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Manson and William R Hill of Huntsville were married and settled in Paint Rock shortly after the Civil War. They and some of their children are buried in Old Paint Rock Cemetery.

        The majority of Lizzie's siblings from Huntsville ended up in TX, and in the last few weeks, myself and two other researchers have had a lot of success "connecting the dots" on this family and finding out who all the various descendants were and are.

        Anyone seeking info on this family could start at the page for Lizzie's father Isaac here

        http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=kmplenge&id=I1510

        and follow the various lines down, or click on Descendancy to see the overall picture.

        If anyone comes along who knows how Isaac fits into the larger family of Mansons in the US, that is one of the largest puzzle pieces we still do not have. Please contact me if you do.

      • downeast_de@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
          Catherine Hamilton who married Curtis Walker, her father William Robert Hamilton was a physician also.  Any suggestions on where to look?

          Thanks,

          Mary Hamilton