DUNN & MURPHEY

  • tigerbite37397
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
      I am looking for ANY info on the DUNN and MURPHY's of Sand Mountain. My grandfather is Paul Dunn married to Bonnie Witt and his parents were Price and Lillie Dunn. Grandfather has brothers named Price, Bruce, David, Ray, and a sis named Patricia. I know my grandmother had a brother named Charlie. I also know we are kin to someone named Odie, Patrick, Madeline Murphy.He said he went to school around Pisgah. His parents are buried in Scottsboro. Any info would be extremely appreciated. I am going to see my grandfather next week and am willing to share any info I get. I will also have some pics to share.
    • Jimmie Ryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
        Would love to try to help, but without any dates it is hard to search
        through Ancestry for common names, do you have dates for Price and Lillie, I
        see there is an ancestry file for Paul and Bonnie with dates after the 1930
        census; so for us to find them as children we would need to know your great
        grandfathers/mothers dates to better locate them. Did they always live in
        Pisgah?

        Jimmie Ryan
        Elijah Brazier b 1776 NC

        >I am looking for ANY info on the DUNN and MURPHY's of Sand Mountain. My
        >grandfather is Paul Dunn married to Bonnie Witt and his parents were Price
        >and Lillie Dunn. Grandfather has brothers named Price, Bruce, David, Ray,
        >and a sis named Patricia. I know my grandmother had a brother named
        >Charlie. I also know we are kin to someone named Odie, Patrick, Madeline
        >Murphy.He said he went to school around Pisgah. His parents are buried in
        >Scottsboro. Any info would be extremely appreciated. I am going to see my
        >grandfather next week and am willing to share any info I get. I will also
        >have some pics to share.

      • Clay Gullatt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
          Here is a start.

          The only Bonnie Witt I found married in July 1947 Jackson Co. Index does not say who she married. Witt is a rare name in Jackson Co.all I found descend from Ewin/Ewing Witt b. Nov 1854 and are from the Bridgeport area.

          The Social Security Death Index says Price Dunn born 8 Aug 1912 d. Feb 1985 Scottsboro
          SSN 418-18-0594.

          1920 Morris Chapel Lawrence Co. AL
          McLin Dunn Head 40 AL GA GA Farmer
          Alice Wife 38 AL AL AL
          Gurtude Dau 15 AL
          John Son 14 AL
          Pearl M. Dau 10 AL
          Price Son 8 AL
          Melvin Son 1yr 4months AL

          1930 Morris Chapel Lawrence Co. AL
          Mack Dunn Head mar at 21 AL GA GA Farmer
          Alice Wife mar at 18 AL AL AL
          Price Son 17 AL Farmer
          Melvin Son 12 AL Farmer
          Freeman Son 8 AL

          1900 Morris Chapel Lawrence Co. AL
          McL. Dunn Head Feb 1878 22 AL GA AL Farmer
          Alis Wife Dec 1881 18 AL AL AL
          Ann Mother May 1847 53 AL AL AL
          Hesey Brother Aug 1885 14 AL GA AL Farm Laborer
          Nathan Brother June 1887 12 AL GA AL Day Laborer

          From Dunn Family Tree posted by Patricia Dunn at ancestry.com
          Pascal McCellan Dunn d. 03 Feb 1985 Scottsboro AL married Alice Thrasher d 1926

          Price Dunn m. Lillie Mae Murphy 16 Sep 1933 Lawrence Co. AL

          Lillie Mae Murphy Dunn b. 18 Oct 1913 d. 17 Feb 1991 Scottsboro Jackson Co. AL

          1920 Kitchens, Lawrence Co. AL
          Daniel A. Murphy Head 53 AL US GA Farmer
          Palace T. Wife 37 AL AL AL
          Gracy Dau 12 AL GA AL
          Charlie W. Son 10 AL
          Martha J. Dau 7 AL
          Lillie M. Dau 6 AL
          Robert Son 5 AL
          Wesley Son 3 AL

          1910 Pisgah Jackson Co. AL
          Daniel Murphy Head 45 mar.twice 3yrs GA GA GA Farmer
          Palace Wife 26 mar.once 2yrs 4children 4 living AL AL AL
          Manson Son 12 TX GA MS
          De Witt Son 10 TX GA MS
          Gracy 3 Dau GA GA AL
          Albert Son 1yr 11months GA GA AL

          First two children are by first wife Ola.

          1900 Garden Valley, Smith Co. TX
          Daniel Murphy Head May 1861 39 GA TN TN Farmer (listed as Darrel I corrected it)
          Ola wife July 1878 TX AL MS
          Manson Son Sept 1896 TX GA TX
          DeWitt Son Sept 1897 2 TX GA TX

          1900 Pisgah Jackson Co. AL
          Edward Washburn Head Mar 1852 41 AL AL AL Farmer
          Martha C. Wife Mar 1858 42 AL AL AL
          Palestine Dau Jan 1883 17 AL (All children b. AL)
          Myram Dau Feb 1885 15 (probably Mariam)
          William O. Son Aug 1887 12
          Ruben C. Son Sept 1889 10
          Sussen B. Dau Jan 1892 8 (Susan?)
          Martha C. Dau Jan 1894 6
          Eddie Dau Feb 1896 4

          Daniel Murphy m. Palestine Washburn 1907.

          Clay

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2010
            Clay thank you so very MUCH. I found out my grand mother was named after this woman. My grandmother said her and grandpaw were married in Trenton, GA! Every lit bit helps and helps to trigger their memories this is so much fun. If any one else out there has family related to the Dunn's and Murphey's of the counties listed below, feel free to contact me!-- Misty