Re: [jacksongenealogy] Looking for a grave: C.M.A.J. SISK

  • Mark Klan
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 17, 2009
      Amy -

      Thanks for the additional information on CMAJ Sisk and your search.
      Do I correctly infer that your aunt Joy Precise Lard is no longer
      involved in family history? From the Family Record sheets I saw, she
      did indeed do some good work.

      I'm not sure where my mom got the Family Record sheets -- they may
      have been attached to the letters Joy Lard sent to some of the elder
      Precise's (including my grandfather Elmer Precise).

      I also have a copy of the typescript "Precise Family Notes", but I
      forgot that it mentioned a Wesley, brother of CMAJ. I'll have to go
      back to that document and have another look. When I first went
      through it, I determined that there were a fair number of errors, and
      I didn't use it much after that.

      Finally, if you or anyone have information on the parentage of the
      original Jackson County William PRECISE (b. ~1805, Virginia), or the
      maiden name or parentage of his wife Delilah (b. ~1811, Tennessee),
      I'd be very interested in hearing about that. For William, I've seen
      some stuff on a family in Virginia with surname PROCISE that is
      suggestive, but certainly nothing definitive. Delilah is sometimes
      mentioned as a HAWK or HAWKINS, but I've never seen any real evidence
      or sources to confirm.

      Mark