Re: [jacksongenealogy] Verification-Please

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
      > I just checked genforum.genealogy.com and it indeed appears to be
      down, which is odd because the parent site (www.genealogy.com) seems
      to be operating normally.

      They are probably on different servers - it is normal to separate different parts of a domain to different servers.

    • James and Barbara Dooley
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
        I can't open it either, Paula. I keep getting a big screen advertising
        Internet Explorer 8, and it won't go away until I close everything. Very
        frustrating.

        Barbara

        At 09:45 PM 12/13/2009, you wrote:

        >I've been trying for 2 days to go to the Genforum website and have not
        >been able to get it to load. Everything else seems to be working. Can
        >someone please check for me to see if there is a problem with Genforum; if
        >not, then it has to be my computer, I guess.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Paula

        >12/13/09 07:39:00

      • TOM F DUNKLIN
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
          Thanks so much, list. I was afraid that I might have a problem with my PC. Nice to know I won't have to have it looked at.... again!

          My regards,
          Paula