Re: [jacksongenealogy] Verification-Please

  • Mark Klan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
      I just checked genforum.genealogy.com and it indeed appears to be
      down, which is odd because the parent site (www.genealogy.com) seems
      to be operating normally.

      Mark

      > I've been trying for 2 days to go to the Genforum website and have
      > not been able to get it to load. Everything else seems to be
      > working. Can someone please check for me to see if there is a
      > problem with Genforum; if not, then it has to be my computer, I
      > guess.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Paula
    • Karl Plenge
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
        > I just checked genforum.genealogy.com and it indeed appears to be
        down, which is odd because the parent site (www.genealogy.com) seems
        to be operating normally.

        They are probably on different servers - it is normal to separate different parts of a domain to different servers.

      • James and Barbara Dooley
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
          I can't open it either, Paula. I keep getting a big screen advertising
          Internet Explorer 8, and it won't go away until I close everything. Very
          frustrating.

          Barbara

          At 09:45 PM 12/13/2009, you wrote:

          >I've been trying for 2 days to go to the Genforum website and have not
          >been able to get it to load. Everything else seems to be working. Can
          >someone please check for me to see if there is a problem with Genforum; if
          >not, then it has to be my computer, I guess.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Paula

          >12/13/09 07:39:00

        • TOM F DUNKLIN
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
            Thanks so much, list. I was afraid that I might have a problem with my PC. Nice to know I won't have to have it looked at.... again!

            My regards,
            Paula