Re: [jacksongenealogy] Heritage Quest

  • Mark Klan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
      Regina -

      Forgive me if you already tried this, but if you go to the
      Huntsville/Madison County library website database page:
      http://hpl.lib.al.us/databases/
      ...the online databases are listed in alpha order. Scroll down. The
      8th one down the page is Heritage Quest, and it gives instructions
      for accessing from home.

      Since I don't have a Huntsville/Madison County library card, I cannot
      access it myself, but you should be able to (if you have a PIN as
      well as the card). As Terry said, Heritage Quest is not part of the
      Alabama Virtual Library -- it is accessed separately.

      Mark

      On 11 Dec 2009 at 16:12, Regina Pipes wrote:
      > That is what I use to be able to do at home. I have two library
      > cards, one
      > for the Huntsville/Madison County library and the Alabama Virtual
      > one I can
      > use at home. I'd done it several years BUT now I can't find
      > Heritage Quest
      > on it. Just don't know if they no longer offer it at home or I just
      > can't
      > find it.
      >
      > Thanks for helping.
      >
      > Regina
      >

      > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Heritage Quest
      >
      > Regina,
      > Heritage Quest is not part of the Alabama Virtual Library. It is a
      > separate database signed up for separately at libraries that
      > subscribe
      > to it. Here in Madison Co., we go to the library's website
      > http://www.hpl.lib.al.us and sign in with our library card number
      > and pin number. Then we click on databases and choose Heritage Quest
      > or
      > one of several other choices.
      >
      > Terry

    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
        What is strange is that you have to have an Alabama Virtual Library Card to
        access this because is is that number you use to get on. My Huntsvukke
        Madison County Library card only has my library card number but no pin
        number. My AVL card had a user name and pin number. I am getting on now BY
        using my AVL card.

        Thanks