Heritage Quest

  • leeroses@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
      Regina,
      Heritage Quest is not part of the Alabama Virtual Library. It is a
      separate database signed up for separately at libraries that subscribe
      to it. Here in Madison Co., we go to the library's website
      http://www.hpl.lib.al.us and sign in with our library card number
      and pin number. Then we click on databases and choose Heritage Quest or
      one of several other choices.

      Terry
    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
        That is what I use to be able to do at home. I have two library cards, one
        for the Huntsville/Madison County library and the Alabama Virtual one I can
        use at home. I'd done it several years BUT now I can't find Heritage Quest
        on it. Just don't know if they no longer offer it at home or I just can't
        find it.

        Thanks for helping.

        Regina

        Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Heritage Quest

        Regina,
        Heritage Quest is not part of the Alabama Virtual Library. It is a
        separate database signed up for separately at libraries that subscribe
        to it. Here in Madison Co., we go to the library's website
        http://www.hpl.lib.al.us and sign in with our library card number
        and pin number. Then we click on databases and choose Heritage Quest or
        one of several other choices.

        Terry

      • Mark Klan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
          Regina -

          Forgive me if you already tried this, but if you go to the
          Huntsville/Madison County library website database page:
          http://hpl.lib.al.us/databases/
          ...the online databases are listed in alpha order. Scroll down. The
          8th one down the page is Heritage Quest, and it gives instructions
          for accessing from home.

          Since I don't have a Huntsville/Madison County library card, I cannot
          access it myself, but you should be able to (if you have a PIN as
          well as the card). As Terry said, Heritage Quest is not part of the
          Alabama Virtual Library -- it is accessed separately.

          Mark

          On 11 Dec 2009 at 16:12, Regina Pipes wrote:
          > That is what I use to be able to do at home. I have two library
          > cards, one
          > for the Huntsville/Madison County library and the Alabama Virtual
          > one I can
          > use at home. I'd done it several years BUT now I can't find
          > Heritage Quest
          > on it. Just don't know if they no longer offer it at home or I just
          > can't
          > find it.
          >
          > Thanks for helping.
          >
          > Regina
          >

          > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Heritage Quest
          >
          > Regina,
          > Heritage Quest is not part of the Alabama Virtual Library. It is a
          > separate database signed up for separately at libraries that
          > subscribe
          > to it. Here in Madison Co., we go to the library's website
          > http://www.hpl.lib.al.us and sign in with our library card number
          > and pin number. Then we click on databases and choose Heritage Quest
          > or
          > one of several other choices.
          >
          > Terry

        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2009
            What is strange is that you have to have an Alabama Virtual Library Card to
            access this because is is that number you use to get on. My Huntsvukke
            Madison County Library card only has my library card number but no pin
            number. My AVL card had a user name and pin number. I am getting on now BY
            using my AVL card.

            Thanks