McCoy's of Jackson Co

  • jimgill77
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
      I am looking for any connection to Andrew J McCoy/Nancy Suiter and there children: Mary E, Christiana, Margaret,James H, Joseph, William J, Rufus F, Nancy,Eletha J, Andrew J, Charles, Eleanor J, Martha A McCoy.
      Jim G
      Fresno, CA
    • bbrock1945@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
        Hello,
        I am responding to the query about McCOY's.

        I am especially interested in the child, "CHRISTIANA". Do you have any dates ? I am looking for a CHRISTIANA who was in the Paint Rock area from the 1820's to the 1850's.

        Thank you so much,

        Brenda

      • jimgill77
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2009
          Brenda,
          Christiana McCoy-born abt 1823-died ? was the second child of Andrew J/Nancy Suiter McCoy. She was married to George W Rose 7 Nov 1855 and than to John Rorex 17 Sep 1871. On the 1850 Jackson Census she was living with her parents in Dist 19, in 1860 with Rose in Div 1, Post office-Stevenson. 1880 with Rorex in Twp 2, R6. She apparently never learned to read or write according to all the censuses. I know nothing further about her.
          Glad to help any other way.
          Jim G

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, bbrock1945@... wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I am responding to the query about McCOY's.
          >
          > I am especially interested in the child, "CHRISTIANA". Do you have any dates ? I am looking for a CHRISTIANA who was in the Paint Rock area from the 1820's to the 1850's.
          >
          > Thank you so much,
          >
          > Brenda

        • James L Gillespie
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009

            --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

          • bbrock1945@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
              Hello Jim,'
              Thank you so much for the reply. Christiana McCoy is not old enough to be my Christiana (married a Williams but he died and I don't know what happened to her) but I do thank you. Some day I'll find her parents and what happened to her after the death of her husband!!!

              Thank you again,