Walker-Hamilton

  • downeast_de@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2009
      Looking for information on a Walker-Hamilton line that was last known to be in Jackson Co., AL.  Curtis Walker (b. c. 1788-1792  in probably Hawkins Co., TN and d. after 1840) married Catherine Hamilton (b. c. 1790 in Hawkins Co., TN - d. after 1840), d/o Dr. Robert Hamilton and Sarah Bell Brandon of Bays Mtn., Hawkins Co., TN.   One known son, Calvin.

      Curtis Walker had two land purchases in the Huntsville area about 1839 and appears in the 1830 & 1840 Jackson Co. census.  Curtis and Catherine had a total of 8 children by 1840 and were living near Catherine's sister Margaret, w/o Annanias Cavin.  Cavins eventually moved on to Washington Co., Arkansas.

      Would appreciate any assistance.

      Thanks,

      Mary Hamilton

    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2009
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, downeast_de@... wrote:
        >Mary
        I am John L Hamilton all my Hamilton line was from Section Alabama Father Robert V. Hamilton Grandfather William Alford Hamilton. Do you have any connection to these Hamiltons?
        John L Hamilton

        > Looking for information on a Walker-Hamilton line that was last known to be in Jackson Co., AL.  Curtis Walker (b. c. 1788-1792  in probably Hawkins Co., TN and d. after 1840) married Catherine Hamilton (b. c. 1790 in Hawkins Co., TN - d. after 1840), d/o Dr. Robert Hamilton and Sarah Bell Brandon of Bays Mtn., Hawkins Co., TN.   One known son, Calvin.
        >

        > Curtis Walker had two land purchases in the Huntsville area about 1839 and appears in the 1830 & 1840 Jackson Co. census.  Curtis and Catherine had a total of 8 children by 1840 and were living near Catherine's sister Margaret, w/o Annanias Cavin.  Cavins eventually moved on to Washington Co., Arkansas.
        >

        > Would appreciate any assistance.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Mary Hamilton

      • Stirling Young
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
          some of the Walkers married Coyles around the Huntsville area and some were dr's.My grt grand dad Walker Jones Coyle is related to the Huntsville walkers.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
            I am posting this primarily for the benefit of anyone who might come along in the future seeking this information.

            Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Manson and William R Hill of Huntsville were married and settled in Paint Rock shortly after the Civil War. They and some of their children are buried in Old Paint Rock Cemetery.

            The majority of Lizzie's siblings from Huntsville ended up in TX, and in the last few weeks, myself and two other researchers have had a lot of success "connecting the dots" on this family and finding out who all the various descendants were and are.

            Anyone seeking info on this family could start at the page for Lizzie's father Isaac here

            http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=kmplenge&id=I1510

            and follow the various lines down, or click on Descendancy to see the overall picture.

            If anyone comes along who knows how Isaac fits into the larger family of Mansons in the US, that is one of the largest puzzle pieces we still do not have. Please contact me if you do.

          • downeast_de@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
              Catherine Hamilton who married Curtis Walker, her father William Robert Hamilton was a physician also.  Any suggestions on where to look?

              Thanks,

              Mary Hamilton