Re: [jacksongenealogy] WHERE DID THIS FAMILY GO?

  • TOM F DUNKLIN
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2009
      Thanks, Geri. I'm learning so many different ways to search from all the helpful people who have replied. I'll give this a try.

      Paula

      ________________________________
      From: TOM F DUNKLIN
      Date: 10/22/2009 9:18:51 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] WHERE DID THIS FAMILY GO?

      The people on this web site always seems able to solve problems involving
      genealogy, so I'm asking for help. Can a complete family just disappear in
      1870? I've looked every way for Sunday for this family on the 1870 census
      but they are not there. Am I missing something or am I perhaps brain dead?
      The census info below comes from Ancestry.com:

      James S Cosby and family are on the 1850 Blount Co AL census, the 1860
      Blount Co AL census and the 1880 Jefferson Co AL census, but they are
      missing in 1870.

      In 1850 this family included: James Cosby age 44 NC; Ann age 38 TN; Elender
      age 25 AL; Wiley age 21 AL; Spencer age 18 AL; Emrey age 17 AL; Isaac age 15
      AL; David age 13 AL; Mary age 10 AL; William age 6 AL; Uriah age 2 AL; and
      Nancy age 1 AL.

      In 1860 this family included: James S Causby, age 50 NC; Ann Causby, age 48
      TN. Children- David age 23; Mary age 21; William age 17; Uriah age 14; Nancy
      age 11; Wilson age 9; and Milton age 5.

      And in 1880 Jefferson Co AL, the family included: James Cosby age 70; Ann
      age 70; Milton age 25; and Elisabeth Parsons (widowed daughter) age 45. This
      Elisabeth isn't shown on the 1850 census (should have been about 15 then)
      with the family.

      Can anyone help me find this family in 1870? It would especially make my day
      if Uriah could be found SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE, in 1870!

      Thanks,
      Paula