Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Brynteson

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Thank you, Clay.  I was trying to determine of this obit belonged to this John.  None of the children match.  I seem to remember my sister in law telling me that her uncle John didn't have children of his own, only step children.  Unfortunately, she passed away recently and I can't ask her.  This lady can't belong to this John,  He was still living a the time of her death according to the info you supplied. John had 2 brothers, Oscar and Anders Gustaf, (sister in law's father); Anders's name changed to Andrew after coming to America in 1924.  This obit may belong to one of Oscar's children.   Thank you so much for the lookup.
      Mildred

      Chicago Tribune (IL)
      May 27, 1966
      Bryntesen
      Edition: Chicago Tribune
      Deceased Name: Anna L. Bryntesen
      Anna L. Bryntesen, beloved wife of the late John; fond mother of George B. [Ardelle], Mrs. Lilly [Howard] Thomas, and Mrs. Florence Thach; sister of Mrs. Augusta Johnson; grandmother of six.; great-grandmother of six. Service Saturday, May 28, 11 a.m., at Drake & Son Funeral Home, 625 Busse highway, between Touhy and Oakton, Park Ridge. Interment Irving Park cemetery. Visitation after 4 p.m. 698-3368.

      From: Sam <sammc1973@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] John Brynteson
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 10:03 PM

      Would someone on this list who has Ancestry please look up John Brynteson for me, please.
      This is all the information I have on him:
      John Brynteson B. May 25, 1888, wife, Louise

      Name as he came through Ellis Island
      First Name: Johan H
      Last name: Bryntesson
      Age: 20 Gender M
      Parish: NY County: S
      Port: GOTEBORG

    • Alta Fae Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Sam,

        Here is a quick look, I think there may be some information that is useful
        in your search:

        U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794-1995

        Name: Louise Maria Brynteson
        Birth Date: 26 Jun 1893
        State: Michigan
        Locality, Court: Detroit, District Court
        Title: Index Cards to Naturalization Petitions for the U.S. District Court
        for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Detroit, 1907-1995
        Series: M1917

        Social Security Death Index

        Name: John Brynteson
        SSN: 371-10-8302
        Last Residence: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
        America
        Born: 25 May 1888
        Last Benefit: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
        America
        Died: Mar 1976
        State (Year) SSN issued: Michigan (Before 1951)

        Name: John Brynteson
        County: Cook
        State: Illinois
        Birthplace: Sweden
        Birth Date: 25 May 1888
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        FHL Roll Number: 1613173

        Lives: 727 Maple Ave., Blue Island, IL
        Naturalized Citizen - Born: Arvilia, Warmaland Sweden
        Physical Features: Short, Shout, eyes Blue, hair Light Brown
        Profession: Butcher
        Employment: Anderson Hospital Blue Island IL
        Marital Status: Single
        Date Signed: 6/15/1917
        Cook County, IL

        1920 United States Federal Census

        Name: Oscar F Brynteson
        Home in 1920: Blue Island Ward 5, Cook, Illinois
        Age: 35 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
        Birthplace: Sweden
        Relation to Head of House: Cousin
        Father's Birth Place: Sweden
        Mother's Birth Place: Sweden
        Marital Status: Single
        Race: White
        Sex: Male
        Year of Immigration: 1910
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes
        Image: 258
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        Charles J Olson 47
        Anna L Olson 69
        Eric O Olson 11
        Oscar F Brynteson 35

        1920 United States Federal Census

        Name: John Branitzky
        Home in 1920: Chicago Ward 22, Cook (Chicago), Illinois
        Age: 32 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
        Birthplace: Austria
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Louise
        Father's Birth Place: Austria
        Mother's Birth Place: Austria
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Sex: Male
        Home owned: Rent
        Year of Immigration: 1902
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes

        Image: 336
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        John Branitzky 32
        Louise Branitzky 28
        Lucile Branitzky 7
        Philip Branitzky 5
        Philip Meyer 18
        John Meyer 20
        Paul Meyer 22

        First Name: Johan Manfrid
        Last Name: Brynteson
        Ethnicity: Sweden, Scand
        Last Place of Residence: New York
        Date of Arrival: Dec 14, 1908
        Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: M Marital Status: S
        Ship of Travel: Celtic
        Port of Departure: Liverpool
        Manifest Line Number: 0004

        Additional Arrivals through Ellis Island:

        Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
        Manifest Ship Image
        1. Adam Branitzky Oschmjany, Russia 1912 40 View View View
        2. Dwoire Branitzky 1904 21 View View View
        3. Jacob Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 23 View View View
        4. Jude Branitzky Suwolk 1903 29 View View View
        5. Leib Branitzky 1904 3 View View View
        6. Leiser Branitzky Elisabetgrov, Russia 1908 20 View View View
        7. Moische Branitzky 1904 1 View View View
        8. Pesse Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 18 View View View
        9. Rachel Branitzky Sinvalki, Russia 1909 17 View View View
        10. Scheine Branitzky Suwalk, Russia 1909 47 View View View
        11. Schimen Branitzky Suwalk 1903 9 View View View
        12. Stefan Branitzky Turdosin 1903 28 View View View
        13. Welle Branitzky 1896 18 View View View
        14. Zofia Branitzky Jakewlka 1904 17 View View View

        First Name: Johan Bernhard
        Last Name: Brynteson
        Ethnicity: Norway, Scandinavian
        Last Place of Residence: Tistedalen
        Date of Arrival: Jan 13, 1905
        Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: S
        Ship of Travel: Majestic (1890)
        Port of Departure: Liverpool
        Manifest Line Number: 0003

        First Name: John
        Last Name: Brynteson
        Ethnicity: US Citizen
        Last Place of Residence:
        Date of Arrival: Oct 09, 1908
        Age at Arrival: 37y Gender: M Marital Status: M
        Ship of Travel: Lusitania
        Port of Departure: Liverpool
        Manifest Line Number: 0007

        Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
        Manifest Ship Image
        26. John Brynteson Campbell, Cal. 1924 21 View View View
        27. John Brynteson Hibbing, MN 1906 36 View View View
        28. John Brynteson Svanskog, Sweden 1924 53 View View View
        29. John Brynteson Svanskog, Werml., Sweden 1919 47 View View View
      • Sam
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009

          Thank you so very much, the information is very useful, answered some questions I had .Thanks again