Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Brynteson

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2009
      1930 Blue Island, Cook Co. IL
      John Brynteson Head 42 1st mar.at36 Sweden Sweden Sweden Swedish Laborer Cemetery
      Ella Wife 43 1st mar.at18 Sweden Sweden Sweden Swedish
      Earl St.Son 23 IL Sweden Sweden
      Theodore St. Son IL Sweden Sweden
      Marie St. Dau 19 IL Sweden Sweden

      WW1 Draft Card
      John Brynteson Age 29
      b. 25 May 1888
      Naturalized Citizen
      Arviha, Warnland Sweden
      Butcher Anderson Hospl
      Blue Island Cook IL
      Single
      Short Stout Blue Eyes Light Brown Hair
      6-5-17

      MI Death Index
      John Brynteson
      B. 25 May 1988??? (1888)
      D. 21 Mar 1976
      Residence: Lincoln, Berrien, MI
      Place of Death: Buchanan, Berrien, MI

      Swedish Emigration Records
      Johan H. Brystesson b. 1888 Place of Origin NY Varnland Lan Sverige
      Record date 1 Dec 1908

      Could not find him on the 1910 or 1920.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thank you, Clay.  I was trying to determine of this obit belonged to this John.  None of the children match.  I seem to remember my sister in law telling me that her uncle John didn't have children of his own, only step children.  Unfortunately, she passed away recently and I can't ask her.  This lady can't belong to this John,  He was still living a the time of her death according to the info you supplied. John had 2 brothers, Oscar and Anders Gustaf, (sister in law's father); Anders's name changed to Andrew after coming to America in 1924.  This obit may belong to one of Oscar's children.   Thank you so much for the lookup.
        Mildred

        Chicago Tribune (IL)
        May 27, 1966
        Bryntesen
        Edition: Chicago Tribune
        Deceased Name: Anna L. Bryntesen
        Anna L. Bryntesen, beloved wife of the late John; fond mother of George B. [Ardelle], Mrs. Lilly [Howard] Thomas, and Mrs. Florence Thach; sister of Mrs. Augusta Johnson; grandmother of six.; great-grandmother of six. Service Saturday, May 28, 11 a.m., at Drake & Son Funeral Home, 625 Busse highway, between Touhy and Oakton, Park Ridge. Interment Irving Park cemetery. Visitation after 4 p.m. 698-3368.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Sam,

          Here is a quick look, I think there may be some information that is useful
          in your search:

          U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794-1995

          Name: Louise Maria Brynteson
          Birth Date: 26 Jun 1893
          State: Michigan
          Locality, Court: Detroit, District Court
          Title: Index Cards to Naturalization Petitions for the U.S. District Court
          for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Detroit, 1907-1995
          Series: M1917

          Social Security Death Index

          Name: John Brynteson
          SSN: 371-10-8302
          Last Residence: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
          America
          Born: 25 May 1888
          Last Benefit: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
          America
          Died: Mar 1976
          State (Year) SSN issued: Michigan (Before 1951)

          Name: John Brynteson
          County: Cook
          State: Illinois
          Birthplace: Sweden
          Birth Date: 25 May 1888
          Race: Caucasian (White)
          FHL Roll Number: 1613173

          Lives: 727 Maple Ave., Blue Island, IL
          Naturalized Citizen - Born: Arvilia, Warmaland Sweden
          Physical Features: Short, Shout, eyes Blue, hair Light Brown
          Profession: Butcher
          Employment: Anderson Hospital Blue Island IL
          Marital Status: Single
          Date Signed: 6/15/1917
          Cook County, IL

          1920 United States Federal Census

          Name: Oscar F Brynteson
          Home in 1920: Blue Island Ward 5, Cook, Illinois
          Age: 35 years
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
          Birthplace: Sweden
          Relation to Head of House: Cousin
          Father's Birth Place: Sweden
          Mother's Birth Place: Sweden
          Marital Status: Single
          Race: White
          Sex: Male
          Year of Immigration: 1910
          Able to read: Yes
          Able to Write: Yes
          Image: 258
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Household Members: Name Age
          Charles J Olson 47
          Anna L Olson 69
          Eric O Olson 11
          Oscar F Brynteson 35

          1920 United States Federal Census

          Name: John Branitzky
          Home in 1920: Chicago Ward 22, Cook (Chicago), Illinois
          Age: 32 years
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
          Birthplace: Austria
          Relation to Head of House: Head
          Spouse's Name: Louise
          Father's Birth Place: Austria
          Mother's Birth Place: Austria
          Marital Status: Married
          Race: White
          Sex: Male
          Home owned: Rent
          Year of Immigration: 1902
          Able to read: Yes
          Able to Write: Yes

          Image: 336
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Household Members: Name Age
          John Branitzky 32
          Louise Branitzky 28
          Lucile Branitzky 7
          Philip Branitzky 5
          Philip Meyer 18
          John Meyer 20
          Paul Meyer 22

          First Name: Johan Manfrid
          Last Name: Brynteson
          Ethnicity: Sweden, Scand
          Last Place of Residence: New York
          Date of Arrival: Dec 14, 1908
          Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: M Marital Status: S
          Ship of Travel: Celtic
          Port of Departure: Liverpool
          Manifest Line Number: 0004

          Additional Arrivals through Ellis Island:

          Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
          Manifest Ship Image
          1. Adam Branitzky Oschmjany, Russia 1912 40 View View View
          2. Dwoire Branitzky 1904 21 View View View
          3. Jacob Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 23 View View View
          4. Jude Branitzky Suwolk 1903 29 View View View
          5. Leib Branitzky 1904 3 View View View
          6. Leiser Branitzky Elisabetgrov, Russia 1908 20 View View View
          7. Moische Branitzky 1904 1 View View View
          8. Pesse Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 18 View View View
          9. Rachel Branitzky Sinvalki, Russia 1909 17 View View View
          10. Scheine Branitzky Suwalk, Russia 1909 47 View View View
          11. Schimen Branitzky Suwalk 1903 9 View View View
          12. Stefan Branitzky Turdosin 1903 28 View View View
          13. Welle Branitzky 1896 18 View View View
          14. Zofia Branitzky Jakewlka 1904 17 View View View

          First Name: Johan Bernhard
          Last Name: Brynteson
          Ethnicity: Norway, Scandinavian
          Last Place of Residence: Tistedalen
          Date of Arrival: Jan 13, 1905
          Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: S
          Ship of Travel: Majestic (1890)
          Port of Departure: Liverpool
          Manifest Line Number: 0003

          First Name: John
          Last Name: Brynteson
          Ethnicity: US Citizen
          Last Place of Residence:
          Date of Arrival: Oct 09, 1908
          Age at Arrival: 37y Gender: M Marital Status: M
          Ship of Travel: Lusitania
          Port of Departure: Liverpool
          Manifest Line Number: 0007

          Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
          Manifest Ship Image
          26. John Brynteson Campbell, Cal. 1924 21 View View View
          27. John Brynteson Hibbing, MN 1906 36 View View View
          28. John Brynteson Svanskog, Sweden 1924 53 View View View
          29. John Brynteson Svanskog, Werml., Sweden 1919 47 View View View
        • Sam
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009

            Thank you so very much, the information is very useful, answered some questions I had .Thanks again